We have designed this wedding checklist to help you plan and organize the many important details that may apply for your celebration at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. Start with the wedding checklist below and set your own individual deadlines. If you have less than six months to plan your wedding, don't panic, just focus on the important elements! Planning in advance on the details will allow you to fully experience the joy of your celebration.
Six or More Months Ahead
Think about the type of wedding day you envision for yourselves - formal or informal, grand or intimate, and a suitable season and time of year
Set your overall budget with allocated expenses. Remember to include the applicable taxes and service charges
Compile a guest list for a rough estimate on numbers. This is important for selecting the appropriate amount of space.
Select your preferred date(s)
Reserve your ballroom space for your preferred date
Discuss and confirm the guestroom rate available for any out-of-town guests
Select music/entertainment for your ceremony, reception, dinner and dance
Confirm photographer and videographer, if necessary
Review hotel supplier guidelines with your Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Wedding Specialist
Three to Five Months Ahead
Confirm specific event times with the Hotel for your ceremony, reception, dinner and dance prior to completing your wedding invitations
Review wording in invitations if offering a choice of entrée and request dietary or allergy restrictions - this should include number of children attending as well
Hotel to provide guestroom inserts with information on the special guestroom rate and how to make individual reservations
Make an appointment with your Wedding Specialist to commence the detailed planning and set-up of your celebration. Please allow up to two hours for this appointment.
One to Two Months Ahead
Finalize all of your event details, including:
- Room set-up with Hotel floor plan
- Table set-up with linens, skirting, candles and centrepiece options
- Place cards and menu card for plated dinners
- Final menu confirmation and estimated guest count (including children's meal)
- Beverage Requirements:
- Reception - punch, passed beverages and bar
- Dinner - red and white wine selections, special beverage for toasts
- Dance - bar
- Hors d'oeuvres
- Ice Sculptures
- Cappuccino bar
- Late night buffet station
- Preliminary agenda and timeline - review logistics and event flow with Wedding Specialist
- Communicate all suppliers, on-site contact, MC (be sure to review hotel supplier guidelines)
- Wedding Specialist to complete detailed banquet event order outlining all of your requirements with a floor plan
- Review final estimated balance and final payment details
The Final Week
Provide completed credit card authorization form for pre-payment of the estimated balance.
Provide guaranteed number of people and any special meal requirements.
Return signed banquet event order to confirm requirements (please note any changes)
Arrange to deliver/review seating plan (provided by the client) and special requirements including booster seats, high chairs, specific number of guests per table, favours, programs, decorations, place cards, guest book and pen, display items, chocolates and miscellaneous supplier deliveries
Your Wedding Day
Relax and Celebrate the moment!